|As you may know, FCPS is redesigning the summer program, but the
high school summer school program will remain similar to last year’s
program. Four central sites — Edison High, Lake Braddock
Secondary, Oakton High, and Westfield High — will offer programs in
course recovery, SOL remediation, ESOL elective credit, and
acceleration classes. High School summer school will:
- Take place July 9 through August 7.
- Be from 7:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Algebra 1-Part 1, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Biology, Chemistry, Computer
Science, English 9 (repeat only), English 10, English 11, English 12,
Geometry, Geosystems, Physics, Va. And U.S. Government, Va. And U.S.
History, World History and Geography 1, World History and Geography 2.
- Special Education Content courses, Special Education ESY courses will be offered at Lake Braddock, July 9-August 7.
- SOL Remediation Session, English Writing will be offered at Edison and Oakton, June 26-July 17.
- SOL Remediation Nonwriting will be offered at Edison and Oakton, July 21-August 6.
English Writing will be offered at Edison High, Lake Braddock
Secondary, Oakton High, and Westfield High, July 14-17. This is for
FCPS term graduates only.
- Test-only Nonwriting will
be offered at Edison High, Lake Braddock Secondary, Oakton High, and
Westfield High, August 5-6. This is for FCPS term graduates only.
Registration will be May 12-June 24 via fax and mail. There will be no late, first day, or walk-in registration and no audits. Additional information will be in Encore 2008, the summer school booklet, which is now available at http://www.fcps.edu/DIS/OACE/prek12.htm, and at www.fcps.edu/news/summer.htm.