Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) Facilities Planning Advisory Council (FPAC) has begun a "listening tour" to give community members an opportunity to share their concerns and ideas about facilities issues. FPAC is a new advisory council of the Fairfax County School Board aimed at advising and informing the School Board and staff members on long-term plans for facilities needs. FPAC is made up of 13 Fairfax County residents—one from each magisterial district, three at-large members, and one from the City of Fairfax. Facilities-related issues that may be considered by FPAC include, but are not limited to:
* Program capacity.
* Transportation and operating efficiencies.
* Capital improvement plan prioritization.
* Creative financing and construction strategies.
* Scope of renovations.
* School closures and new schools.
* Student accommodation planning (building additions, modular relocations, and school boundaries).
FPAC will meet twice monthly on Tuesday evenings. Future meetings will be divided between listening tour meetings in the community and working meetings at the Gatehouse Administration Center. Complete information about FPAC, including its meeting schedule and contact information, also is available at http://www.fcps.edu/fts/planning/fpac/index.htm.
HH News 2010-11 >